The presiding deity of this sacred temple is Sri Rama,
christened Sri. Vijayaraghava
The name connotes His great valour which consumed the might of the errant king Raavana.
- It was Jatayu's prayer that the Lord should enliven Tirupputkuzhi as SAMARAPUNGAVAN , the unconquered, and grant boons to worshippers.
- Hence, Sri Vijayaraghava Perumal adorns the sanctum, seated in His heavenly posture with Sangu (conch) and Chakra (disk). His consorts SriDevi and BhuDevi are graciously seated in the flanks.
- SriDevi sits on the left side and BhuDevi in the right side, contrary to the normal practice.
- Sri Vijayaraghava Perumal's divine grace as reflected in His fascinating and bewitching smile is a feast to the eyes of any discerning devotee.
- People throng this Sannidhi especially on the New moon days .
- The inner mandapam also hosts the Alwars.
- Daily Poojas are systematically performed.
- Sri Perumal's thirunakshathram (birth star) is PUNARVASU.