THE WHERE, THE WHAT, THE HOW and THE
- Tirupputkuzhi, lies on the Chennai ( Madras) -
Bangalore Highway, 85 Km from Madras and 7 Km from Kanchipuram, the silk centre.
- RECORDED HISTORY at Tirupputkuzhi tells that this temple
once rivalled the grandeur of Kanchi Sri Varadharajaswamy temple.
- Both archeologically and religiously this temple
offers abiding interest to both the connoisseurs and the pious commoner.
- The Divya sthalam houses a magnificent temple and
a sacred tank, both of which have a fascinating background in their origin, detailed in
the LEGENDARY PURANAS and Sri
- The Bus stop on the highway is called BALUCHETTY
CHATRAM (the name of the village) from where the temple is just 200 yards southwards.
- Several great Srivaishnava ACHARYAS have worshipped the presiding deity Sri
Vijayaraghava Perumal and sung his glory.
- Thirumangai Alwar has paid a hymnal tribute (Mangala Sasanam) to deity and
hence this sacred place is called a A HALLOWED SHRINE( Divya Desa).